Who do you want to be Chicago's next mayor?

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe LakeJoe Lake commented  · 

Manny Flores for Chicago's mayor in 2011? Piece of cake. Would run circles around any Chicago Machine candidate. Go Manny! Joe Lake, Bucktown

• Peter ZelchenkoPeter Zelchenko commented  · 

I was among the first of Manny Flores's friends whom he came to when he was thinking of running for alderman. We first met when I was coordinating Luis Gutierrez's re-election campaign, and he worked very hard on that campaign.

I care about Manny Flores as a friend, but, given his track record, he would be one of the last people I would want to see as mayor of Chicago. His general approach is very much the same as most of the others. He is not the one to change this city.

• Artemio CruzArtemio Cruz commented  · 

While seeming independent, he will need to come up with a few policy differences with the present mayor to convince the Chicago electorate that he would be a different mayor. His presence at the United Neighborhood Organization 25th Anniversary dinner says a lot about his ambitious nature, but does it mean that he's in favor of charter schools by politically connected groups or does he favor expansion of charter schools with innovative curriculum and a review of charter school performance based on a set of neutral, objective measures? Also, has Flores come around to view tax increment financing districts and TIF program policy differently than most aldermen? Running for alderman is one thing, but running for mayor is completely different. Saying openness and transparency and green economy can get you good media play but people will want to know where you stand on the issues.

Feedback and Knowledge Base